Yep Ladies and Gentlemen...
This is my last letter here in Blackfoot. After 8 months President is moving me. Let me tell you how it happened...
So on Thursday we (Myself, Elder Kolb, Elder Clay, and Elder Plunkett) went to do service for our recent convert's (Aubree) family. We were white washing their deck (which isn't as fun as it sounds... stinking Tom Sawyer) when the call came in. First it was to the other Elder's. Elder Clay is finishing his mission and they made Elder Plunkett District Leader in Idaho Falls. Then a few minutes later we got the call. Elder Kolb will be staying with his new companion Elder Woodside from Snowflake Arizona, and I....... will be going to Iona. President is calling me to be a District Leader in Iona. What everyone is teasing me about now is that my district is JUST sister missionaries. They are calling me a Relief Society President. :) Hahaha Sister Barnett, who served in the East Stake with us, will be in my district so I’m excited about that. I hope I can do well in this new area and assignment. I've definitely been praying more fervently and longer for the Lord's help.
Now that I’m leaving the area I've been going around and saying my goodbye's to everyone. I will definitely miss good ol' Blackfoot.
Aubree: She and her family are doing so well. Her parents are getting their Temple Recommends so that they can go through the temple and be sealed to each other. We white washed their deck and it looks beautiful! I will definitely miss them!
Paul: We have an appointment with him on Tuesday. I've already told him I’m leaving. But I definitely will be back to visit when he goes through the Temple.
Gary and Kristie: They are doing better. Kristie's back is healing and Gary is back to work. I've been able to talk to Kristie and say goodbye but not Gary yet.
Alyssa and Alora: They are leaving today to spend time with their dad in Utah. I've said my goodbyes to them and I will be back for their baptism in July.
Jason and Susan: They are moving in a couple days to another home in Blackfoot. I will definitely miss these guys. They are planning on getting sealed together in September.
I'm really excited for this new adventure but sad to be leaving my beloved Blackfoot. I know that Elder Kolb will continue to do good work here. It's a bitter sweet experience. Thank you for all your prayers and love. I love you guys and hope everything is going well. My next email will be in Iona!
Love
Elder Rash
No comments:
Post a Comment