Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 86: A Challenge From The Mission President

Dear Family and Friends

This week was AWESOME! We got Transfer calls, had Mission Leadership Counsel, and had a Baptism! :) :) :)

So! First of all, So many miracles happened this week! On Monday we got a voice mail from President Brinkerhoff for the whole mission. President said how he felt impressed to invite the whole mission to set a baptismal date that Wednesday. So we all went out that week with a Determination to find someone who God had prepared to set a baptismal date with. Wednesday came around and we had a few people in mind but we hadn't had the opportunity to set up an appointment with them that week. So Elder Merkley and I said a prayer and went to work. That whole morning we felt super stressed out and super focused on finding. BUT NO ONE SEEMED TO BE HOME! (granted it was 1-4 o’clock in the afternoon) So at that point we went to dinner feeling nervous. We only had 3 hours after dinner to proselyte. Luckily we had some good Members who had agreed to come out with us so Elder Merkley and I could split up and cover more ground. We both planned out who we would visit and who we could invite. I went to an appointment with Cindy and Shae. A mother and daughter in our area who we've had really good lessons with. And Elder Merkley went to go contact a Potential Investigator, Harmony. In my appointment with Shae and Cindy they were feeling sick so we gave them Priesthood blessings and I was able to invite Shae to be baptized. She said she would! It was awesome! I was so pumped! I went throughout the rest of the night and finally was able to meet up with Elder Merkley. He seemed down and I wondered how his night had gone. I asked him and he looked at me.... smiled with his huge grin and told me he had set a date with Harmony! I was floored!! I told him I had set a date with Shae and we went nuts running around laughing and jumping! It was a great night!

The next day was transfer calls. And what President told us took us way by surprise.... He told me that I would be staying, but Elder Merkley would be going to Idaho Falls South Zone as a Zone Leader. This means he will be in the area that I started in! I'm sad he will be leaving though! An Elder Wauneka will be coming from Ammon to serve with me. Also President told us that because they are closing down 2 zones, our zone is getting bigger. Our zone now covers most of the upper central part of Pocatello. From one mountainside to the other. It’s a big change and a lot of coordinating things but it'll be good! My old area in Pocatello is in my zone too! So I’ll get to go on exchanges there! :)

So awesome news! Myles got baptized on Saturday! It was awesome! His dad baptized him and all his family was there! Then of Sunday his family came for his Confirmation and his mom who is less active got up and bore her testimony! It was incredible! He is a great kid!

Sunday night we went to a family that Elder Merkley knows for Dinner. Super cool family. The Borgolthaus family really took us in. They have a daughter on a mission in South Carolina and a son who is leaving in two weeks for Wisconsin. She prayed for dinner and began to cry as she blessed the missionaries serving and asked for our safety. It totally reminded me of my mom! They are an awesome family and we are going to keep getting Justin (the son) to come out with us on appointments.

This week has been full of great experiences. I'm going to miss Elder Merkley a ton but I’m excited for his new adventure up in a land he's never been before. He has never left Pocatello in his whole 13 months of his mission. He'll do great!

Well I love you guys and I hope nobody gets washed away with all the rain in Mesa! OH! Happy Birthday to Shelbie and Ryland and Tobie and everyone else!

Love,
Elder Rash

Miles (Just Baptized) and his family



Borgolthaus family


Borgolthaus family

No comments:

Post a Comment